What We are Doing to Ensure the Safety of our Staff and Service Users.
Counsellingxtra has a commitment to the wellbeing of our community. Your safety is our highest priority, in line with government guidelines, we endeavour to provide you with a safe and confidential environment to access counselling. However, in the current circumstances it is obviously not possible to guarantee anybody’s complete safety.
During the height of the pandemic, we adapted our services to include telephone and online sessions, these services will be now be available to you indefinitely.
Re-opening our service for face to face sessions.
From Monday July 6th 2020, we will be offering face to sessions once again. However, to protect the safety of visitors and staff we have made a few changes to the way we work.
Temporarily, we will be reducing the number of visitors in the building at any one time, this is to reduce the exposure between service users and staff. You will need to arrive promptly for your appointment, no earlier or later than the time agreed with your counsellor. Your counsellor will text you to let you know it is safe to enter the building. You will be let into the building via the buzzer system and you will need to meet your counsellor in the counselling room.
Masks and Hand Sanitiser.
We ask that you wear a face mask until you are seated in the counselling room and when leaving the building. You may bring your own, if you do not have one then face masks are available at the entrance.
Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the building and at the entrance to the counselling room. Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands, on entrance to the building and the counselling room. In addition, each member of staff will sanitise their hands before and after the session.
Cleaning and Room Organisation.
Common areas such as the waiting room, toilet and entrances will be cleaned regularly with particular attention to frequently touched areas such as handles, armrests and light switches.
Counselling Rooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each session.
Furniture has been arranged to comply with social distancing and so you will be seated at least 2m apart from your counsellor.
*Please note we will no longer be able to offer drinks during your session and it would be helpful if you can avoid using the toilet unless necessary. *
What you need to do:
• If you have any of COVID-19 Symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has contracted Covid -19 within the last 14 days, then please rearrange your session. If after your session within a week you have any symptoms of Covid- 19 please let us know immediately.
• Arrive promptly (no earlier or later than the time agreed with your counsellor).
• Wear a face mask until seated in the room.
• Use the hand sanitiser provided as you enter the building and as you enter the room.
• Wear a face mask on exiting the building.
• Leave the building promptly.
• Make payment via the website or contactless.
We understand this may be frustrating but appreciate your compliance and understanding to keep us safe.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you require an alternative format, please contact us on 0115 9605577.