NOTTINGHAM COUNSELLOR PLACEMENT SERVICE
The Nottingham Counsellor Placement Service:
Has grown significantly and is sought out and recommended as a placement opportunity by local universities and counsellor training organisations.
Receives a high number of clients from GP’s, other health service professionals and mental health support organisations within the community.
What You Can EXPECT FROM US:
Guaranteed waiting list of clients.
Dedicated counselling rooms.
Training in house.
Monthly Group supervision & individual supervision.
Professional Indemnity Insurance to £5 million.
12 years experience in management of student placements.
What We EXPECT FROM YOU:
Basic understanding of the Person Centred Theory.
References from your university or college and recent DBS check.
Commitment to ongoing personal development, support and supervision having already undergone your own personal therapy.
You will be in advanced stages of training for professional diploma or above.
2 years commitment.
Fee of £45 per month (subject to change) payable by direct debit after an initial joining fee of £100
EMPLOYEE ASSISTED PROGRAMS
Emotional Intelligence Promotes Success
Therapy for Employees
What Are THE BENEFITS?
Alleviate stress and support mental health problems.
Identify physical health concerns.
Support people in distress caused by life events.
Assist HR to identify and resolve workplace issues such as reduced absence, improved productivity, saves management time, and better staff retension.
What WE PROVIDE?
Counsellors on BACP accreditered register.
Immediate response to referals.
Secure and confidential consulting rooms.
Fully insured and clinically supervised therapists.
Established charity and company ltd by guarantee.
Short term focused.
Long term psycotherapy.
1. Clients are able to refer themselves or are refered by Occupational Health.
2. Clients are offered an initial assessment appointment conducted by a senior psycotherapist.
3. Outcomes monitoring forms are completed by the client in line with The Person Centred Approach.
4. The client is offered an initial six sessions with the option to increase to ten after consultaion with Occupational Health.
5. The clients progress is monitored throughout and the results are entered onto the outcomes monitoring data base for analysis.
6. You can download a copy of the Employer Assisted Programs brochure here.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CPD is a vital tool to help you advance.
We offer a range of services to support our counsellors CPD including workshops, counselling skills training and supervision training.
Please contact us to talk about how we can support you in your CPD.
UPCOMING CPD EVENTS
CONFIDENCE & SELF-ESTEEM BUILDING
Connect Back to The Essence of You.
This is a two day course
comprising of four units.
Facilitated by Dawn Rendall
Cheque payable to NWCS
Account no: 36850349
Sort code: 56-00-61
Ref: CBC(your name)
Telephone: 0115 960 5577
Confidence Building Development and Assertiveness
1. General discussion around what is confidence and how is this understood and perceived
2. Look at how a lack of confidence can negativity impact upon our lives. Explore how an improved and sustained confidence can create a more balanced life
3. Explore the meaning of assertiveness and what does it mean to be assertive
4. Use role play to help learners to differentiate between passivity, aggression and assertiveness
5. Deepen knowledge and understanding of different ways of responding to others and how this impacts upon confidence
6. Homework task asks the learner to give three examples of how they plan to develop their confidence and apply at least one example
7. Handouts and reading material
1. Look at why personal boundaries are important and how are these maintained
2. Group activities to explore the impact of not having personal boundaries in place and look at ways of how these blurred boundaries might have been better managed.
3. Deepen knowledge and understanding of the importance of keeping personal boundaries and how this impacts upon confidence
4. Homework task asks learner to develop a five minute presentation on how to ensure they safeguard personal boundaries. To be presented on day 2.
5. Handouts and reading material
1. Whole group discussion around what is self worth and how this is reflected in our behaviour and responses
2. Exercise in pairs exploring how self worth is measured
3. Group feedback throughout unit 3 prompting a whole group discussion facilitated by trainer further Imbedding knowledge and understanding of the importance of self worth and how this impacts upon personal confidence
4. Individual presentations around personal boundaries from yesterday
5. Handouts and reading material
1. Discuss what is self identity and how this enables people to be confident of themselves and how this promotes a strong sense of self
2. Deepen knowledge and understanding of the importance of identity and how this impacts upon personal confidence
Writing out a plan of action
Course endings and handouts
Comfortable, confidential secure counselling rooms available to hire.
£10 per hourly session.
Details on request.